A flat iron is an easy-to-use tool that most of us have. With its help you can conjure up many fantastic hairstyles that will delight everyone. Learn a few valuable tricks to become a true straightening iron master!
How do I use my straighteners without damaging my hair?
There are a few things you need to remember about using a straightening iron to keep your hair beautiful and intact
First of all, straighteners should be used on dry hair. Before using a flat iron on dry hair, hair should be sprayed with a special heat protectant, which contains substances that protect hair against heat. Just spray the product on your hair at the right distance and then comb
The temperature at which you should use a flat iron depends on your hair type. Fine or bleached hair should be straightened at no more than 160℃. Normal and colored hair should be treated with a temperature of 160-180℃, and those resistant to straightening even 200℃.
Hairstyles you can do with a straightener
A flat iron is not just for straightening hair – you can easily create salon-quality hairstyles with it. For a wow effect on your hair, use a straightener with rounded sides.
Although you might think of a curling iron as a curling iron, you can easily create curls using a flat iron
- Brush your hair thoroughly and divide it into strands using crocodile clips.
- Pick a strand and hold it with the flat iron at the root
- Run the straightener around the strand 2-3 times
- Using gentle movements, slowly pull the straightener down along the strand and repeat the process
- Repeat this process on different strands of hair
- Apply hairspray for hold
2. The Turned Up Ends
This look is truly romantic. This style is reminiscent of the 1970s. The upside is that it’s quick to style and suits many occasions from a night out to carrying out your everyday duties
- Straighten all your hair thoroughly.
- Divide your hair into strands.
- Grab the end of a strand with the flat iron and roll it outwards.
- Hold the flat iron for a moment and release it.
- Repeat this process on other strands
Stylish finger waves are a timeless hairstyle. They look great for any occasion and give your hair volume
- Divide your hair into large strands.
- Use a flat iron to hold a strand of hair above ear level
- Gently pull the flat iron down through your hair.
- Repeat this process on the remaining strand of hair. If the twist is too tight, use your fingers to lightly shake the hair.
4. Glass hair
For this hairstyle, as favoured by Kim Kardashian, you need not only a flat iron but also a glossing agent
- Wash your hair using smoothing and anti-frizz products
- Allow your hair to dry or blow dry using a hair dryer.
- Straighten your hair using a flat iron.
- Apply extra-gloss hair spray.
5. The Glamour Ponytail
If you’re looking for a comfortable yet glamorous hairstyle, the glamour ponytail is for you!
- Straighten your hair.
- Apply a shine spray or oil to your hair for added shine.
- Tie your hair into a high or low ponytail. For a more evening look, you can weave a string of pearls into your hair or add other shiny accessories like bobby pins
Main Photo: Andrea Donato/unsplash.comLeave a comment