The cat-eye look is suitable for both daytime and special occasions. It never goes out of style and always looks stunning. Find out how to create this look with the perfect eyeliner
Eye make-up is one of the most popular ways of enhancing a woman’s beauty. It is worth mastering the art of making a line on the eyelid to perfection, because then the make-up looks the most neat and aesthetic. Any way is good to create a phenomenal makeup. We suggest how to paint your eyes to emphasize the power of your gaze.
How to do cat eye make-up?
Make-up with a black line on the eyelid is perfect for work, a meeting with friends or in more formal circumstances. How to do it in few easy steps?
- Preparing the eye for application. The perfect way to even out your eye make-up and fix it is to use an eye shadow base on your eyelid. Below your eyebrow line, apply some foundation. Then apply a light shadow with a warm color on the entire eyelid.
- Apply a darker shadow such as brown on the crease of your eyelid and blend it carefully
- At this stage we start to paint a perfect line on the eyelid. Eyeliner can have a brush applicator or be in a form of a marker. Start with a line leading from the outer corner upwards. This is very important as a downward line will give your eyes a sad look. Then, deliver another sloping line, creating an arc, which you fill in with black eyeliner
- Continue as close to the lash line as possible, starting at the inner corner of the eye. The beginning of the line should be very thin and delicate, and gradually widen
- A great way to enhance the look is to apply white eyeliner on the upper and lower lash line. This treatment will beautifully enlarge the eye
- The final step is to color your lashes with your favorite thickening mascara
3 easy tricks for the perfect eyeliner
- Prepare a comfortable place to do your makeup. It is best to sit at a table or desk in a sunny room. Use a magnifying mirror for your makeup. It will help you to make a perfect eyeliner line
- Why is it a good idea to apply base and eyeshadow on your eyelids before you apply your eyeliner? This simple procedure will make your cat eye look long lasting and your makeup will look perfect all day long
- If you don’t have the dexterity yet to paint an even line in one stroke, try staging the motion. It can be helpful to make tiny dots that you then blend together
What are some mistakes to avoid when doing eyeliner?
Cat-eye makeup needs to be done perfectly to be effective. Lines should be symmetrical and identical, it depends on it whether make-up will look aesthetic and natural. That’s why applying a line on the first eye is not as difficult as mapping the shape on the second eyelid. Moreover, it is easier for a right-handed person to make a straight line on the right eye, and for a left-handed one on the left. Unfortunately, painting only one eyelid is not acceptable, unless it is part of a Halloween costume
The thickness of the lines is also important, too thick lines painted with black eyeliner look heavy on the eyelid and do not add the desired charm to the look. In the beginning it is better to paint thinner lines, which can always be thickened later
When the lines don’t come out as we expected, we often have to wash off all the makeup to start drawing the lines again. It is worth practicing making eyeliner, because it is almost impossible to make a perfect makeup the first time
Read also: WHAT MAKEUP WILL COVER UP TIRED EYES? HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR THOSE WHO SPEND LONG HOURS IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER SCREEN
Main Photo: Georgie Hunter/ Getty Images Entertainment/ Getty ImagesLeave a comment