Chapped lips are not only unpleasant to the touch, but also do not look good. Unfortunately, especially in winter, many people struggle with the problem of chapped lips. The skin on the lips is particularly sensitive and delicate, and is exposed to adverse weather conditions. Many people struggle with cracked or dry lips. Is there a proven and effective way to correct this condition and enjoy sensual and soft lips at any time of year?
The problem with chapped lips often occurs as the weather changes and during the heating season when the air in our homes is dry. Sometimes the dryness of our lips is caused by medication we are taking or by allergies. We also get chapped lips when we are dehydrated e.g. after an intense physical effort. In some people, dry lips are associated with diseases such as diabetes or thyroidism. Is there a way to effectively moisturize lips?
5 ways to treat chapped lips
- Use the right lipsticks and lip balms. A good lip care product should contain at least one of these products: lanolin, petroleum jelly, beeswax, shea butter, glycerin
- Hydration. Adequate hydration can effectively help solve the problem of dry lips. Just drink at least 7 glasses of water every day to maintain proper body water balance
- Lipscrub – It’s a good idea to scrub your lips at least once a week to remove dead skin and other impurities. To do this, perform a gentle scrub
- Use a lip balm with UV protection. Lips are exposed to the elements all the time, so make sure to wear lip balms and lipsticks that contain a protective sunscreen
- Use homemade lip masks. Honey or olive oil are great ways to moisturize your lips at home. Just rub the product on your previously cleaned scales
Read also DOES TRIMMING HAIR REALLY MAKE STRANDS GROW FASTER? AND IF SO, HOW OFTEN SHOULD WE VISIT THE HAIRDRESSER?
Main Photo: Africa Studio/ adobestock.comLeave a comment